93rd PMI Bulgaria Chapter Meeting
02 September 2021, 18:30h
Exclusive Monthly Events Sponsor:
About the eventWHEN: 02 September 2021, 18:30h
HOW TO REGISTER: Please access and fill in the registration form online by clicking HERE
Agenda18:30 - 18:45 Opening
18:45 - 19:45 Presentation: "LinkedIn basics and how to build an effective network"
Mention LinkedIn to most people, especially college students, and they’ll tell you that they capitalize on it when they need a new job. However, this social media powerhouse can help them build a professional network. And, it can also help its users to share information and learn from others.
Specific items covered in the session include:
What’s in your LinkedIn profile (A review of the basics for an exceptional profile.)
- The profile photo
- Resources to get one
- What are the elements
- The hidden headline
- Telling your story with this element
- The non-verbal banner headline
- The about section
- Go beyond the “who” in this section
- Focusing on the what, the why and those other storytelling elements
- Writing in the first person
What are LinkedIn’s hidden aspects?
- Professional research
- Sharing professional status
- And of course, finding that next opportunity
How do I build an effective network on LinkedIn?
- Defining a purpose for adding a new contact
- Research the tie back to connect with someone
- How not to overdo a connection note
- A good timeline to foster a connection
How do I share content?
- The use of the like, the comment and the share
- Finding meaningful content to share
Matt Scherer has helped thousands of people embrace the full networking power of LinkedIn through his talks, coaching, and his two books on LinkedIn. He has spoken to other PMI groups in Florida, Zimbabwe, Canada, Saudi Arabia and now Bulgaria.
19:45 - 20:05 Q&A Open Discussion
20:00 - 20:15 Closing
PDUsPlease note that for those who are PMI Certified this meeting provides PDU. Note that PDUs shall be granted automatically after the meeting.
Please arrange your time schedule in order to meet again.