A project will need to meet the criteria listed below to be eligible to apply. Additional criteria might apply per category and they are specified in the application document you will be able to download after you register your interest.
There will be 3 final candidates per category: one winner and two finalists will be awarded.
Project Management Awards Recognise All Sizes And Complexities Of Projects That Deliver:
- Project must be originated and lead by Project Managers and/or the majority of the Project Management team members are located in Bulgaria.
- Projects / Organizations from any type, from any industry, in public or private sectors are eligible to apply for the awards.
- Bulgarian nationality is not mandatory for Project Managers and/or any of the Project Management team members.
- Open to everyone to apply. You do not need to be a member of PMI Bulgaria Chapter or any other professional project management organisation
- The Project / Organization may have won awards or other recognition from other professional associations.
- The project is complete [or at least main/MVP phase completed] at the time of nomination and has been accepted as completed by the Sponsor in written form prior to nomination.
- Application must be submitted in English
Specific Eligibility Criteria to different awards:
- Candidates for the “Professional of the year (POY)” award must be over 30 years old with at least 5 years’ experience in project management by day of the application submission deadline.
- Candidates for the “Young Professional of the Year (YPOY)” award must be younger than 30 years old with at least 3 years’ experience in project management by day of the application submission deadline. If you are 30 years old by day of the application submission deadline, you may apply for YPOY award.
- Startup could be part of the organization group but must be an independent legal entity and follow the “usual” process of a startup (from idea to fundraising). Startups not having a Series A fund round initiated could also apply for the awards. Startups would only be considered if they are in the market for less than 3 years.
The Following Are Ineligible:
- Projects completed before 18 months from the nomination deadline.
- Projects that failed to provide the necessary contact, permissions, and release forms, or to satisfy the criteria defined in this document.
- Current PMI staff, PMI contractors, PMI consultants, and/or PMI Volunteers are not eligible to apply for this award.
- Consultants, trainers, or other third-party providers are not allowed to submit a nomination on behalf of an organization / person.
The Following Are Applicable Limitations:
- Any Organization can nominate only 3 candidates for this Award.
- Self-nominations are not allowed without the consent of the Employer or the Customer (case of self-employed).
- Third-party cannot nominate a Candidate without the consent of the Employee or Self Employed professional.
The Following Are High Level Definitions:
- Private company is defined as an organisation that is not owned or operated by the government
- Public company is defined as an organisation that is owned or operated by the government or semi-state agency including:
- Civil Service
- Defence Sector
- Education Sector
- Justice Sector
- Health Sector
- Local Authorities
- Non-commercial State Agencies (NCSA)
- Project professional is anyone who leads or contributes to a project any capacity. For example, project co-ordination, director, business analyst etc.